The second battle between the Tau and the 5th Company of the Knights of Altair involved the following troops. (Battle fought on 6 247 742.M41.)
Each army totals 2,000 points.
• Captain Martel Vivant, with power sword and plasma pistol (he will accompany Crusader Squad 1 in a Rhino).
• Chaplain Allyr Numa, armed with Crozius Arcanum, plasma pistol, and jetpack (he will accompany the Vanguard Squad).
• Vanguard Squad, with nine Marines, armed with power swords, thunder hammers, lightning claws, bolt pistols, and plasma pistols—all with jetpacks.
• Assault Squad with nine Marines, bolt pistols and chainswords, with one flamer and one plasma pistol.
• Crusader Squad 1, with five initiates and four neophytes, armed with bolters and a flamer—embarked with Vivant on a Rhino.
• Crusader Squad 2, with five initiates and five neophytes, armed with bolters and a flamer—embarked on a Rhino.
• Squadron of three Land Speeders, armed with heavy flamers and hunter killer missiles.
• Storm Talon gunship, armed with twin-linked lascannon and twin-linked heavy bolters.
• Ancient Brother Kanoss, dreadnought, armed with powerfist/storm bolter and multi-melta, embarked upon drop pod.
• Sicaran Relic Tank (Death to Heretics), armed with twin-linked accelerator autocannon and two sponson-mounted lascannon.
• Predator Tank, armed with twin-linked lascannon and two sponson-mounted lascannon.
• Vindicator Tank, armed with demolisher cannon.
• Warlord, with XV 22 Stealthsuit, armed with two fusion blasters (equivalent to Commander Shadowsun).
• Bodyguard of two Crisis Battlesuits, armed with two fusion blasters.
• Crisis Battlesuit team of four Tau (one shas’vre), armed with two burst cannon
• Four Fire Warrior teams of seven Tau, armed with pulse rifles. Each team is led by a shas’ui with marker light and pulse carbine.
• Two Pathfinder teams of four Tau, armed with pulse carbines and markerlights.
• Drone squadron with 10 gun drones. armed with twin-linked pulse carbines.
• Breacher Squad with 10 Tau, armed with pulse blasters. Embarked in Devilfish transport.
• Broadside Battlesuit (shas’ui), armed with twin-linked heavy rail rifle, twin-linked smart missile system, and seeker missile.
• Broadside Battlesuit, armed with twin-linked high-yield missile pods, twin-linked smart missile system, and seeker missile.
• Barricuda air-superiority fighter, armed with ion cannon, twin missile pods, and two gun drones with long-barrelled burst cannons.
• Riptide, armed with ion accelerator, twin-linked smart missile system, and two shield drones.
• Two Hammerhead tanks, with railgun, submunitions, and two seeker missiles. One is commanded by tank ace (equivalent of Commander Longstrike).